Specialist in Cloud/Premise based Unified Comm. & Collab. solutions and managed services
* Award winning, career spanning over twenty years of domestic and international sales, business development, management and marketing.
* Pioneered technologies including IP telephony and unified communications, multi-channel contact center, cross platform collaboration, hosted business video and telemedicine (health presence), mobility, software as a service (SaaS), and networking.
* Develops visionary approaches to creating, packaging and articulating business cases for managed services – including cloud models and fee-based consultancies.
* Core competencies include over sixteen years managing business P/L & sales teams, innovation and strategy formation, identifying emerging opportunities and capturing new markets, executing business turnarounds, acquisition targeting & due diligence.
* Influenced and Participated in over $500M of revenue generation since 1984.
Specialties: Adept at developing & managing businesses building revenues from start up to run rates over $54M. Managed divisions of Global 1000, Fortune 500, INC.500 companies and built a successful startup company.
* Over ten years of experience: building, managing and contributing to Alliance programs with Avaya, Cisco, IBM, Ingram Micro, Interactive Intelligence, Juniper, Level 3, Microsoft, Nortel, Polycom and TATA Communications.
* Diversified leadership skills, capable of managing other senior executives in Finance, Operations and Technical Support roles. Exemplary in matrix managed organizations, leading cross functional teams.
* Expert in lease financing and residual valuation of networked technology assets
* Visionary, polished negotiator, strategist,leader, executive closer and mentor.
* Over Ten Years as Featured Presenter on Technology at Industry Events: Government & Business, Education and Technology (GBET); Microsoft Partner Conference; Howard University School of Business - MBA Program; Orange County Business Forum; Service Networks/ISPCON
Created /Launched/Sold via Disty: Cisco’s first IP Tel – Plan/Design/Implement/ Day 2 Service
Director, Major Accounts
Solutions Rep/Brand Splst - TelePresence Video Com
Services Sales Leader - Integrated Com/GTS
AVP of Business Development
Science Applications International, Inc.
Political Science/Pre Law
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Certificate, Exec. Leadership & Mgmt Program
Columbia University - Columbia Business School
The Internet of Everything - the ubiquitous nature of today’s emergent human interaction
The mash up of social collaboration and enterprise communications converged with M2M, process & data
Certificate, Exec. Leadership & Mgmt Program, Columbia University - Columbia Business School
Director, Major Accounts, Glowpoint, Inc.
Responsible for driving revenue and growth for managed and hosted video solutions.
Glowpoint provides cloud managed video services that make delivery of consistently high-quality videoconferencing and telepresence service as simple as the Internet, between any endpoint, network and business.
Solutions Rep/Brand Splst - TelePresence Video Com, IBM
Western US - Regional services sales leader for IBM's Cisco Telepresence practice. Video and collaborative communications consultant and solution architect to C-level execs at global enterprises.
Services Sales Leader - Integrated Com/GTS, IBM
Part of Western Region SME team responsible for client facing consulting engagements centered around IBM's suite of services and products in UC (Unified Com, IPTel, UM, Contact Center, Networking, Mobility, Wireless & Telecom Exp Mgmt)
Director of Sales, Neo Logic Networks
Southern California based VAR/ regional network integrator and consulting firm, targeting Enterprise accounts; Cisco advanced technology, IP communications certified and
Director, Channel Sales - Western Region, LiteScape Technologies
• First executive chosen for new role requiring skills in sales/business development/marketing - simultaneously applied across multiple channels; ultimately accountable for prospecting, qualifying and closing of direct and indirect sales for a start up, XML based - IP telephony application software provider.
Dir. VAR Development, UCN, Inc.
• New business launched by telecom carrier – first individual hired to lead sales, marketing and business development initiatives to develop a VAR channel to deliver advanced, IP based hosted contact center solutions to mid market accounts. Developed channel partnership agreements with Avaya, Cisco and Inter-Tel resellers.
Sr. Dir. Business Partnerships & Marketing, VISTA, I.T.
• Identified and lead the recruitment of complimentary partnerships including VARs, applications software providers and cooperative competitors; developed revenue actualizing relationships with Avnet Enterprise Solutions, SpeechWorks and Dimension Data
• Participated in developing go to market strategy on several key technologies for addition to the VISTA solution portfolio including: Avaya – Interaction Center, IP Office and Microsoft CRM, Cisco - Internet Service Node (ISN), Internet Protocol Contact Centers (IPCC) Enterprise & Express and Intelligent Contact Manager (ICM).
Pres. and CEO, Enabl-R Networked Systems
* Responsible for raising $3.5M in capital from debt and private equity offering
* Featured presenter at Service Networks/ISPCON Fall 2002 on using ROI to sell technology services
Asst. V.P., Business Development, Science Applications International Corp. (SAIC)
* Managed sales and marketing with P&L responsibility for Ingram Micro and Cisco Systems accounts.
* Business Developer and Sales Executive focused on outsourced professional services opportunities in US enterprises. Providing planning, design, implementation, training, and support of applications for voice/video/data over IP, unified messaging, multi-device/multi-network wireless, building broadband solutions and telecommunication operations support systems.
VP, Sales and Marketing, SAIC
* Managed sales & marketing P/L for a $35M consultative, network integrator and VAR division of Global 1000.
Pres., CEO, Enabl-R Networked Systems
* Founder - responsible for raising $3.5M in capital for systems/network integration/services company.
Dir. & GM, Systems and Network Integration Group, El Camino Resources, Intl. Inc.
* Executive in charge of advanced networking, client/server and managed services division of INC.500 global leasing company. Served U.S, Pacific Rim, European and Latin American enterprise customers.
Sr. Sales Exec, Emulex
storage systems for midrange computers
Political Science/Pre Law, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Presenter - WebRTC Customer Service Summit
Industry First - WebRTC Customer Service Summit, collocated at Call Center Week in Las. Vegas - June 11-12, 2014.
My session is June 11 @ 2:15pm title: WebRTC 2.0: The Technology in the Real World of Business.
Selected as Panelist at WebRTC Conference and Expo
I was selected to participate as a panelist in the WebRTC Conference and Expo 2013 on Nov 20, 2013 at 1:50 pm in Santa Clara, CA.
My Panel is in the CONSUMER - BEYOND TELECOM TRACK
Panel Discussion Title is: Gaming & Beyond # C2-2
The WebRTC Conference and Expo allows enterprises, service providers, Web application providers, investors and developers to gather together to advance standards, discover the most promising emerging applications for WebRTC and explore how WebRTC is set to revolutionize the way we communicate by allowing true browser-to-browser communications
Launches Independent UCC Consulting Practice
Offering services as Unified Com & Collaboration- Cloud Services Consultant;
• Engages w/ C-level executives & owners of SMB clients on go-to-market strategy, channel readiness and enablement, sales targeting and execution - for UCC solutions: including subscription - cloud based, as a service delivery models (SaaS, IaaS and PaaS), "Internet of Everything" thought leadership, WebRTC applications and mobility.
+ Revenue gen led and contributed to since 1984
Chairman, DEC Relations Committee
Computer Dealers & Lessors Assoc. (CDLA)
Publishes a daily compilation of news, reports and articles on the Internet of Things.
CDLA IMPACT Award for Outstanding Service/Performance
President, CEO and Founder - Enabl-R Networked Systems, Inc.
Cisco UCC Sales
IBM Value Based Selling
ACCLIVUS Sales Training
Avaya AURA Sales Training
various LinkedIn groups
Earned one or more college degrees
Served on a board of directors for an organization
Limited-edition achievement recognizing early members of Workfolio
Established a notable business or non-profit organization
The BizWorld Foundation was founded in 1997 by venture capitalist Tim Draper, who saw a need for ins
Made or facilitated substantial investments
Endorsed by co-workers or clients; see LinkedIn profile
Gov't & Bus., Edu and Tech (GBET); Microsoft Partner Conf.; Howard Univ. - MBA Program; Orange Co. B
Has had direct reports in an organization for 16 years
Donates time to philanthropic causes or organizations